Asshole of the Day, June 28, 2013: Pat Robertson
Pat Robertson rarely lets a natural disaster go by without attributing it to God’s anger at gays being allowed to have rights that straight people have. He’s almost a broken record on this topic:
Earthquake? God is mad about the gays.
Hurricane? God is mad about the gays.
He’s blamed just about everything on them except that light drizzle at his picnic last Saturday.
So perhaps it’s refreshing that rather than predicting God’s wrath for the Prop 8 and DOMA decisions, he instead looked for sinister influence on the Supreme Court by asking his guest to explain Kennedy’s motives.
Jay, let me ask you about Anthony Kennedy. Does he have some clerks that happen to be gays?
So in Pat’s mind it’s not that Justice Kennedy feels that gay people are entitled to equal rights and protections under the Constitution, but that gay clerks have brainwashed him into supporting their evil agenda. Asshole.
Congratulations to Pat on his second Asshole of the Day win.
- jdh1221 likes this
- dafotology reblogged this from assholeofday
- miniapplejack likes this
- oneicurn likes this
- ethicfail reblogged this from assholeofday
- lifeinblackandpink likes this
- hallows--vs---horcruxes likes this
- monsieurcat reblogged this from wtffundiefamilies
- wtffundiefamilies reblogged this from assholeofday
- forrealblog reblogged this from ojigbe
- ashel-deviate likes this
- roomofmine reblogged this from assholeofday and added:
- ojigbe reblogged this from assholeofday
- 31788 reblogged this from assholeofday
- 31788 likes this
- inspectmypickle reblogged this from assholeofday
- assholeofday posted this